Thursday BackTraxx - My 2003 #TBT Playlist


This is a new series
 that I thought would break things up a bit.  Each Thursday, I'd like to feature tracks from a certain year, nothing too specific, no genre will be left out.  In this debut edition of Thursday BackTraxx #TBT, I'd like to take you back to 2003 and give you some of the sweet sounds of that summer.  But first, lets recap some major events of that year shall we?  Jean Chretien
was our Prime Minister, same-sex marriage became legal in 8 provinces, it was the year of SARS, Mad Cow, West Nile,
and the great Blackout which affected most of southern Ontario, Quebec, and parts of the northeastern United States!  Yep, that blackout happened just 9 days before I was set to marry my best friend, greatest supporter, and future babymama :)  As of this Sunday (the 23rd) we've been married for 12 years.  12, can you believe it?  I remember it like it was yesterday. 


I've made a playlist of some songs that made their debut in 2003.  The first and last tracks are set that way as they were our first and last songs at our wedding.  Alright, so MJ'S classic wasn't  2003 hit, but it was the first song played at our wedding.  I can still hear my father belting out some jumbled lyrics to 50 Cent's P.I.M.P over the DJ's sound system.  He took the MC's mic and was killing it right to the end!

What's your favourite song of 2003?  I just might add it to this playlist :)









Comments

Popular Posts